Le Tour - Days one and two

I was going to blog every day with my le Tour spins, but this week has been a bit hideous.

Here is what I can remember.

Day one - stayed up late knitting Party Wig, and stopped knitting to get in an hour or so worth of spinning rainbow silk on my Windwheel.  The singles that this silk is turning into is either cobweb weight or lace weight, and will likely end up being navajo plied to keep the colours together.  I've had this on the wheel for over a year and I would really really like it to be finished.

Day two - I only managed about 10 minutes of spinning of alpaca fleece on my teensy tinsy new turkish spindle.  The alpaca is part of the many kg of raw alpaca fleece I was given last year, and I washed it, dried it, carded it, combed it and dizzed it off into gorgeous soft delicious top.  When I tried spinning it on my wheel I couldn't find my mojo at all, so I am really happy that it is spinning up so well on the spindle.  I also managed a wee bit more rainbow silk on the Windwheel

Day three - some more alpaca on the baby spindle, and also a bit of time spinning laceweight merino/silk on my other spindle

Day four - spindling, both merino/silk and alpaca.

Day 5 - about an hour spinning rainbow silk on the Windwheel.

It is all I can do to get the spins done, I haven't managed photos yet.  Maybe this weekend.

0 comments: