Last minute wig knitting FTW.

 My friend was telling me about her birthday party and how the prep was making her tear her hair out, and I joked that I would make her a wig.

Two days until party. GO WIG GO!

I started using some pink Bendigo 8 ply, and knitted like the wind. All was going well until I started the decreases, and somehow the graphic on the Knitty pattern didn’t fit into my head properly, and I started decreasing on the sides instead of the front and the back. Once I realised my mistake, I frogged back to half way down the fringe (WTF is BANGS?) and picking up all the stitches in rib was too much of a pita so I started again. I was thinking of dyeing the pink wig since it was pastel and a bit boring, but had found some bright red 8 ply, so decided to make a new wig with this instead.

Cast on new wig. 24 hours until party. KNIT BABY KNIT!

I finished this wig, learned how to do a three needle cast off (awesome), sewed in ends, turned up the bottom of the wig and sat it in the bamboo steamer over some boiling water while I had a shower and got dressed for the party. Took wig out of steamer, dried it out while I found my shoes, wrapped wig and headed to party.

Party hostess loved the wig and wore it all party long.

Last minute wig knitting FTW.

1 comments: