On the hook today

I am very proud to be making a gorgeous shawl for my sister to wear on the evening if her wedding. Not the Night if her wedding, you understand, what she wears then is her business entirely.

I started it with some delicious Jo Sharp Desert Garden Aran Cotton in white, sent by my sister, and a 5.5mm bamboo hook. The first row or two felt really blanketty, and I was worried that it wouldn't drape in a slinky way over the lovely slinky wedding dress.

Luckily I had a full packet of bamboo yarn in my stash, and have started in that using a 4mm bamboo hook, but I might get a metal one as the babmoo hook is grippy and it is driving me mad. So far it is going well, but somehow, despite counting very well I seem to be using one too many chains per shell. I am doing another experiment, will let you know how it turns out.

Pattern- Sweet Pea Shawl (The Happy Hooker, Debbie Stoller)

Hook - 4mm bamboo

Yarn - Cleckheaton 100% bamboo, colour 7 white, lot 71903, 50g, 125m.

It will look something like this


Except of course white, and with more shells per inch (skinnier yarn).

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  • Unknown | 12:36 pm

    It's going to be gorgeous!

    I have to admit, I loved the look of that, but don't have the crochet-fu ;)

  • Jamie | 10:20 pm

    I got some bamboo hooks in NZ and find them too grippy, too.