Husband Socks

I have been knitting socks. My sister is awesome at knitting socks, and I thought that I would give them a bash.

I am nearly finished knitting a pair of socks for my husband. I have heard of the boyfriend sweater phenomenon, but I am pretty sure I am safe with socks.



This is a progress pic from ages ago, but it will have to do for now.

Yarn - Kaffe Fasset Regia sock yarn
Pattern - Kaffe Fasset Regia sock pattern that came free with the yarn. This is a cuff down pattern, with short row heels. There are some strange instructions for wrapping for the short rows, but it could just be that I am a n00b and do not yet have mad wrapping short row skillz. Apart from that, the pattern is nothing fancy, good old plain knitting around and around and around on double pointed needles.
Needles - Knit Picks Dpns, Harmony (if they are the pretty wooden ones), size 2.75 I think, using 5 at a time.

Especially thanks to my sister who helped me out with these socks, and not least for stocking me up with goodies like three sets of Knit Picks dpns, and storage tubes from Nancys Knit Nacs, and the most excellent dpn wip tubes from Nancy also. I would embed links to Nancy and her fine tube work but I don't know that it is possible while blogging from my iPhone :(

Progress - one sock all done but for the grafting and sewing up a strange hole that appeared at the start of the short heel row (strangely enough on BOTH socks, they are truly a pair). The other sock just needs the toe decreases done and grafting and sew up the hole.

If I could get them done for my wedding anniversary in a week that would be just perfect.

One thing that is very good about knitting plain ol' socks is that just about any household emergency can wait till the end of a 16 stitch needle. I want to try some prettier socks, I hope that pattern work won't confuse me too much if I am dipping into knitting (as my busy life permits). Also, I need to meet up with a continental knitter in real life to get a lesson on doing wrapping, k2tog, psso etc without having to go back to non-continental knitting mid row. Tis annoying...

0 comments: