Australia Post redeems itself


The Love of my Life ordered me a last minute Christmas present, hoping that it would arrive here before the 25th. The big day arrived but my parcel didn't.

Not very happy...

On new years eve, Mandie from Ewe Give me the Knits rang us to check our address since the parcel was returned to her, saying that there was no such address. WTF??? She had addressed it properly to us, using the same address that Australia Post has recognised and delivered to for the last 7 years that we have been living here.

She posted it again, and today it arrived.

I was a bit excited but mostly "it's about time"...

Before I could put the flyer on my wheel, I had to oil it and put a few bits together.

And then I had to change one of the orifice supports on my wheel. If you aren't into spinning, the orifice is the hole at the front that the yarn gets sucked into like a toddler eating spaghetti.
Myself, I still feel a bit weird when I think of poking stuff into my orifice, esp in polite company. Orifice. Heh heh. Anyhow, the orifice (heh heh) support for the new flyer was a teensy bit bigger than the old one,
so I had to get to the maiden (the wooden bit (seriously, maiden, orifice, spinning is a dirty business...)) with the bit of sandpaper that came in the kit of goodies, probably for that purpose.

Then I found that the brake band wouldn't fit (too short) and the quick modification I made using a hairband wouldn't work (too dodgy), so there was nothing fot it but to pirate some fishing line from TLOML's fishing rod. One of these days I am going to need to upgrade to a new postie elastic band instead of the old one that I am using.
I had a go at plying some singles that I spun more than 12 months ago, when I was only just pregnant with Monkey 4, and really nauseous. In honour of its history, I proclaim this yarn to be Funky Chunky Chucky. Don't say that too fast, if you do it will sound worse than me going on about orifices.

4 comments:

  • Jamie | 8:49 am

    Ahh, now i see what you were talking about! :)

  • Emma Davidson | 8:51 pm

    You crack me up, woman!
    Who would have thought you'd spend the first week of New Year sticking things in your orifice and rubbing your maiden (tee hee). Actually, that means The Love Of Your Life probably really bought the present for himself, so he could watch (tee hee).
    Oh dear. I must get out more, my sense of humour's gone all silly...

  • Kate | 9:10 pm

    oh dear, and this started out as a g rated blog... well, sooner or later everything on the internet gets dirty somehow!

  • Emma Davidson | 9:17 pm

    this is where you post about washing machines to get it all clean again...