October Spinning Challenge

I have committed to achieve some goals in a Ravelry spinning group challenge this month. The challenge is organised so that each spinner sets her or his goals, and allocates points totalling 100.  We aim to get at least 70 points done each month.  This is for each of us to get more spinning done, and to spin down our stashes a bit.

My goals are to
  1. finish spinning the last quarter of the singles needed for my cabled sock yarn (20 points)
  2. ply and then cable ply that yarn (40 points)
  3. finish the yarn on my Windwheel that has been languishing for far too long (20 points)
  4. spin 10 minutes a day minimum of alpaca fleece on my little spindle. Those 12 fleeces aren’t going to spin themselves. (20 points).
I have finished the singles for the cabled yarn (20 points), and have finished the singles on the Windwheel yarn, and have yet to ply them.  I might even do that tonight, you never know.  The plying and cable plying will take a while longer, I will have to set myself up in front of a couple of good movies I think.  The alpaca is on a hiatus at the moment, since I can only seem to make decent yarn on my wee turkish spindle, and crap yarn on my wheels and other spindles.  I don't know how big the cop has to be on the turkish, so I might stop spinning on it now, take the yarn off, and start another cop.  Wish me luck, I'm not so good at handling singles once they come off spindles.

Go me!

0 comments: