Tasty noms

Lately, since I have been getting a mite more sleep and haven't been completely full time responsible for the whole everything, I've had a bit of time to cook nice things.

Roast beetroot and garlic dip, with crackers. Poking these roasted beetroots to see if they were cooked was like stabbing Tom Riddle's diary with a basilisk fang, the bright red ooze was amazing.

The dip was delicious, but two bunches of beetroot makes a very very lot of dip and I had to share it with friends.
I made some crackers while I was feeling all domestic and bakerish, and they were a very simple recipe but a bit of a pain in the bum to roll out properly. I need a bigger and better rolling pin.
I went to the markets the other day and instead of buying a bag of bread mix like I had intended, I bought a 10kg bag of bakers flour and have been baking bread nearly every day. The pic below is of some pumpkin bread, the recipe I used as a guide was American and wanted me to add cloves and cinnamon and brown sugar - BARF. What is wrong with treating pumpkin as a savoury vegetable? The recipe insisted that I use proper strained pure pumpkin instead of mixture canned pie filling. EEEEEWWWWWW. I used left over roasted pumpkin from the roast dinner a few days before, for I am Australian.
My kids wanted to know why the mixer bowl contents looked like play dough but smelled like bread.  It turned out delicious.

0 comments: