Out of puff

The lurgy has been lurking at our house, so things have been going very slowly this week.  All monkeys sick with something or other, so we have had some nice slow days at home watching dvds and convalescing.  I haven't been able to get much made or much done, but I suppose that's ok too. 

One project that I am slowly chugging away with is my Red Velvet Cupcake Arm Warmers.  It is getting very cold here in sunny Canberra, and my leather jacket, that I love and wear every day, isn't woolly warm, but great for layering.  In my 3/4 sleeved tops, there was a little section of chilly up my arms, and when I saw the pattern for these, I was completely smitten.  I waited a while as I searched for the perfect yarn, and once I found it at the Celebration of Wool Day at the Old Bus Depot Markets, I was away.

I knitted one sleeve, based on the pattern measurements for people with slender wrists.  Not too many of my measurements could be describes as slender, but my wrists are not chubby. 

Unfortunately the pattern was written for someone with skinny wrists and skinny arms, which is not me, and the arms were bitey tight.  I knitted the next one with some pattern mods, and it fits better.  The first one has been frogged back to the wrist, and I'm half way through reknitting it in the more generous size.  I can't wait to wear them, I have the biggest crush on the design, the yarn and the feel of the ruffle, and I would like cozy arms.  A few uninterrupted days should do the trick, or a week or so of normal life.  Watch this space.

0 comments: