Lunch inspiration

The weather here is getting cold, so I am trying hard to be a Good Mummy (TM) and send my kids to school with a nice, hot lunch.  I am also the sole Minister for Lunch since The Love Of My Life is doing the work thing interstate this year.

I bought some bargain wide mouthed thermoses (thermii?) for the monkeys, and it is a miracle but they haven't lost any of the lids or bits yet, which makes me pleased and proud.

So far the noms that I have been sending to school have included
  • hot chocolate
  • fried rice
  • chicken curry
  • pumpkin soup
  • minestrone
I'm also planning on sending
  • spaghetti bolognese
  • other pasta dishes such as pesto pasta
  • prawn biryani
  • dahl and rice
After this I am stuck for ideas.   Does anyone have any more inspiration for hot food or drink that could be sent to school in a wide mouthed thermos?

1 comments: