Alpaca day tomorrow!

Tomorrow I am going to pick up I don't know how much alpaca fleece from the roadside letterbox of a man I have never met who is the friend of my friend, and the man's other friend had fleeces going begging. So I am taking the big van in case there is a lot of fleece.

I will have to get up to speed on the details of washing, preparing and spinning alpaca fleece. I really hope that someone skirted the fleece and I don't have to freight alpaca turds. I also really hope there isn't too much vegetable matter in the fleece. And I hope that they were well shorn and the fleece is nice and long.

But mostly I hope that the fleeces are lovely, because bringing a fleece, much less multiple fleeces, will be a challenge - where am I going to put them all????

I'm going to have to spin like the wind. I will swap handspun for babysitting hours. You keep my kids busy and happy and there will be a skein or two in it for you. On the assumption that this freebie fleece of unknown quality is lovely to work with.

Watch this space.



0 comments: