Sunday Market Shawl


Completed - Sunday Market Shawl, pattern at http://knit-fish.blogspot.com/2008/12/sunday-market-shawl.html

One skein of Noro Kureyon Sock, and a week or two of mindless knitting. Mindless is fantastic in a busy house full of kids. Knit with 3.5 mm needles, cast on/off with 8mm needles.




The Noro yarn was tied in two places, the first in the middle of a colour band, and continuing would have totally mucked up the stripe pattern, so I had to wind off that part and splice the yarn at the right colour and match the spare bit at the end as best I could. Ahh Noro, you are a fickle mistress but I love you still!

I finished the knitting and the dropped stitches last night, and blocked it this morning by pinning it in sections on the ironing board, and steaming it with the iron held above it. There is not enough kid free space to block it anywhere else in our house. And if anyone sees my bought-for-the-purpose-like-grown-ups-use T pins, please let me know. Frustrating to have the perfect tool for the job but have misplaced it.

Now to wait for the weather to cool down enough to wear it.








0 comments: