complicated family relationships

In the car on the way to school this morning, we were discussing cousins and aunts and uncles. I described how my mum had brothers and sisters, and that their kids were my cousins. Then it went on like this

me - so when Monkey 1 has kids and is a dad, and Monkey 2 has kids and is a mum, then your kids will be cousins, and I will be a Nana

Monkey 1 - and I will be an Uncle

Monkey 2 - and I will be an Auntie

Monkey 3 - and I will be a helicopter pilot.

So we will be right for extended family and transportation.

1 comments:

  • Emma Davidson | 3:34 pm

    Well of course he'll be a helicopter pilot LOL!
    I wonder what Monkey 4 will be?

    One day I'm going to have to explain the complications of cousinship to my kids. Which will be fun, because one of their uncles is married to his cousin and they've since had kids, and I have an Uncle Joe who's actually a cousin Bob...