what's on the go?

So many things happening at the moment!

The Love Of My Life has a new job, which is mostly wonderful but partly stressful.

Wonderful because his old job wasn't making him happy, it was making him pretty miserable. His old boss was a stinker who had no idea about managing or keeping staff. Wonderful because now instead of a 90 minute bus ride or 30 minute drive to work each day he now works in our spare room. Wonderful because our house is full of eye candy all day long.

Stressful because his old boss is threatening legal action against us. Stressful because some of his work needs to be done in Sydney and we don't live in Sydney, so he has been away three times in three weeks, once for the whole week. Stressful because I am used to my own space in the house during the day, and I am not in the habit of explaining where I am during the day.

But ultimately wonderful. TLOML is happy, and so we are all happy!



Making making making.

Spinning wool for the local show and to practice dyeing and navajo plying, and hurrying up as best I can with that so that I can get onto the kgs of fibre my sister bought for me when she went to Bendigo Wool Mills. What a fantastic sister :) Here is the fibre I dyed, it is merino roving (or is it sliver, I don't know the diffy), I am spinning it fine to look a bit like watermelon. Watch this space.

Sewing some more slings, for others and for me.

Sewing some clothing for me. I made a skirt, and have the fabric for another skirt, just waiting for me to sew up. I have to get better at altering patterns, then I can make some tops that fit. I want to sew some bags for my friends.

I am also crocheting a little bag for one of my friends. It is so good to sit and hook when Monkey 4 lets me.

I have been married to the Love of My Life for 10 years and three days and we are still madly in lurve. Thanks so much to my sister and her wonderful partner, they looked after Monkeys 1, 2 and 3 while the LOML and I and Monkey 4 went out for a wonderful celebratory dinner.

more details about more stuff going on to follow :)

1 comments:

  • Emma Davidson | 11:23 am

    Belated Happy Wedding Anniversary - big milestone! Congratulations.

    Wool looks lovely, hope you post photos of it when it's done :)