socks



After last year's debacle of trying to read the pattern, I decided to start again to crochet some socks.

I used this pattern by Dorothy Hardy from Crochet Me. Crochet me seems to have done something funky with their indexing, it is a tricky pattern to find unless you search for socks. And the pattern has some errata which can be found be reading the posts responding to the pattern, but since it is a digital pattern why didn't she just adjust the pattern for poor newbies like me? Just wondering is all...

Anyhow, I got some sock yarn from Lincraft, and was determined to get this sock pattern happening!

I had heard all about single sock syndrome (where one sock/mitten/glove) gets made and is lonely forever more. I know my tendency to start something and not finish it, and the bugger with making two things exactly the same, so I made the socks at the same time, the toe bit on one and then the other, the foot bit on both, the heel turn on both, the ankle on both,and finally the cuff on both.

This is closer to the real colour, my phone camera did something groovy to the colours on the top photo...

So the socks were finished while I was away for a few days, and they are toasty warm and lovely! I can't wait to find some way to finance getting some more sock wool so I can make some more socks for me. They fit very well, are so very warm and I feel all nice wearing them since I not only made them but I FINISHED them! Not too shabby for the Queen of starting things and never finishing them :)

Whoo hoo, toasty toes!

0 comments: