here chooky chooky chooky!




well, we are one step closer to our poultry pets. Last weekend Coran got very busy hammering together the Chooky Chalet. Today I bought a grain dispenser and a water dispenser for the girls. I hope that this weekend we will finish the run, finish the house and go and pick up the girls! Monkey 2 has been clucking around the house with her hands in her armpits and her elbows flapping around, and has evicted the dog from her dog bed so that M2 can use it as a nest. Dog not happy, M2 in raptures!

I am making M3 a hat. I figured that I needed a small project (hah! because I don't have enough going on in my life as it stands) and in a hunt for inspiration I found some towelling scraps, and every Australian male needs a towelling hat, doesn't he? So I have started the grooviest little towelling hat for him. No pattern, just a rough idea from another towelling hat that lives at our house. M3's hat will have a purple top, the sides purple and green stripes, and the floppy brim purple on top and green underneath. I am handsewing it, and it is a challenge to sew it so the towelling doesn't fall to bits. Photos when I get around to it!

0 comments: